Saturday, July 8, 2017

Welcome to the Report

If you're reading this, you have decided to come along for the ride while I begin working on a new venture. This blog is hopefully just the first step, but I'll get into more as I move forward and begin to really establish myself. For now, I imagine it's not a bad idea to introduce myself.

Many of you may know me from various Facebook groups, but I don't know how much you know about me. I'm going on 32 years old and I work in television as an editor and director. I have a degree in journalism specializing in radio, television, and video production. I'm from...a lot of places, honestly, but Tennessee was my home for the longest of all the places I've lived. I'm currently based out of Oklahoma, but that's never stopped me from keeping track of everything happening with the Vols. I had a strong, life-long connection to Clemson athletics from birth, but I'm a Tennessee Volunteer by choice. A true Volunteer, if you will. I've been covering, especially writing about, the Vols since 2011 although the venues through which I've done so have changed from time to time. Through that time I've developed various connections and something of a reputation for accuracy and thoroughness which I work very hard to maintain.

Now to give you a rough idea of the plan for this website. We're still currently under construction, so you'll continue to see changes taking place on the page as we work to enhance the content. The bulk of the focus will be on football and football recruiting, but there will also be posts regarding other topics surrounding the University of Tennessee athletics, the SEC, and NCAA. Sometimes I'll tackle controversial topics with my opinions. Other times, the posts will be nothing but the facts. Sometimes it will be a mix of both. Regardless of the subject of the article, I will always try to approach things with every ounce of professionalism I can muster.

This likely won't end up being the extent of the content I provide. Consider this simply the starting point. I will put every ounce of available passion into this project, and I hope you'll enjoy it. Also feel free to follow me on Twitter (@RockyTopReports) and on Facebook (www.facebook.com/RockyTopReport/). At these pages, you'll find short updates that I don't have time to put into an article, so definitely keep up with the news there as well as here and Go Big Orange!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this!

    -Chad Marlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy any and all Big Orange news! Good luck in this new venture! #GBO #VFL. Jimisue

    ReplyDelete